Friday, April 25, 2014

Restlessly perfect

There we were, a ton of acquaintances, him and me. They were all about to say goodbye to me, to wish that I fare well. Everything seemed pompous, I sat there listening to their stories about me, flattering but somewhat discomforting as well. I was never a very warm person, but yeah I did help people. 
In that moment of restlessness, he got up and through a call gimmick shifted his chairs. I had a crush on him, for a while, but it was never serious and there was nothing between us. 
In those plethora of people, he took my reluctant hand and just placed it between his. I never thought holding hands would leave me breathless. Our eyes met for a fraction of second, as if he was saying it is ok. 
It suddenly made me realise after all I wasn't that aloof, I was going to miss all of these people. The share of memories with them would never fade away. This warm touch would be his memory, my memory and a beautiful snapshot of a beautiful year. 
In that moment of restlessness we found our perfection.

A work of fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment