Saturday, February 13, 2010

Why?

It started with the movie Schindler's List. Thought it is on IMDB top 250, rated 8.8, must be good. The movie was great, but it blew my mind. Picturisation of Holocaust was so dreadful it caught me on my nerves. And Oskar Schindler despite of his alcoholism and womanizer, became a saint in my eyes. How he risk all his life and hard work for saving 1200 jews touched my heart like anything. The film made me cry, made me think how perfect my living is. In nutshell, I was totally moved by it. As the Talmudic saying "Whoever saves one life saves the world entire.", I pondered upon the fact that war has never left humanity. After experiencing two world wars, it is not enough for us to learn that this is it. We still create examples of Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel-Palestine. I wont say further, you ponder on the situation.



Why these boundaries
Why these religions
Why so much restrictions
I wonder Is it a crime to breathe?
Or is it to speak?
Or to eat?
Don't they have a right to live
So what they were war prisoners
Did they become rodents because of it
Does a human life has no importance
Or is it a game of shooting for fun
Cause I find no more humans
Long ago a saint came, rescued them
But now we are again on the same standstill
Where it is a crime to be human
I shall not be a jew, a muslim, a hindu for this
It is just a crime to be born
To expect hope

2 comments:

  1. Great thought nd expression...but u see war is just another thing to keep people busy in their life.... some busy in having war nd others in keeping peace... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. war is not a good thing, and i personally think that there should not be a war at all. Only common people suffer from war, it doesn't bring any good.

    ReplyDelete