Saturday, March 8, 2014

Born Beautiful

I saw a friend’s link about baby photo contest. The idea shook me, how innate competition has become for us, that we have started comparing babies. Well this certainly isn’t about the abilities of a baby, how s/he grew teeth, when s/he started walking. I am pretty sure this is about the superficial beauty or may be to an extent your photography or photoshop-ing skills. It is about parents feeling good that their ‘baby got the looks’.
I want to ask you (future) parents, is this how shallow you are? Is this the impression you want to make on a developing mind? I say this because if Abhimanyu could learn how to enter a Chakravyuh in womb, your child will might as well be judging people on the basis of their “beauty”, for rest of her/his life!! I dare you to dream of a better tomorrow, of your child to be devoid of discrimination. And don't create a hue and cry for equality, because mate you started it.
Irony might be grievous on you, if you are posting ‘Dark is beautiful’ on your wall as well.
Grow up, and teach high morals to your child! Stop behaving like a child. Stop seeking approval of “beauty” of your baby from other shallow individuals.
By the way your baby no matter how you perceive her/him is beautiful, because I see an opportunity of a beautiful, unbiased better future in her/him.

No comments:

Post a Comment